X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool I am looking forward for open beta

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorianpl View Post

I see that you are working on 2.82. Does final version will be based on 2.83 LTS?
      Yes, this is actually noted in one of my previous posts:

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post

First, we are currently working on Blender version 2.8.3 - so most likely this will be the version that V-Ray for Blender will support once released.
      This may change but it is unlikely since Blender devs very often do a major change that breaks our integration and there is no quick way for us to follow those changes.

Svetlozar Draganov

Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

• Originally posted by enrique.monzo View Post
        Just as a curiosity,
        • Is Chaosgroup planning to implement all the features of VRay in Blender (with time, of course)?
        • Or will Chaosgroup implement initially some basic VRay features, and will add more features in the future based on our request?
        • Could we provide to you some feedback on the requested features we would like to have implemented in that future? (maybe that helps to have a list of priorities? maybe in a new specific forum thread?)
        Of course, our main goal is to implement all available features in other V-Ray integrations in V-Ray for Blender. This, however, will not happen for the initial release cause the most important goal, for now, is to release a version with support for Blender 2.8. Once this is done we'll focus more on developing the actual features.

Of course, feedback regarding the feature-list arranged by priorities would be very helpful for us. Maybe it's a good idea to open a new poll thread where everyone could vote for each feature but suggest to do this once we release the support for Blender 2.8.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
          I know it may be a repetitive question - but it's the essential one. Will V-Ray have an interactive real-time link with Blender?
          It's something we haven't yet figured it out since our focus is now on the support of Blender 2.8.
          There are some limitations and challenges with this feature but since it's an extremely important one we'll try to overcome those obstacles and find a way to implement it.

Comment

• Very glad to hear that the RT link is important. For me, that is the missing piece that explains why I haven't upgraded from V-Ray 3.7
            I'm very much looking forward to the 2.8 integration.

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post

It's something we haven't yet figured it out since our focus is now on the support of Blender 2.8.
            There are some limitations and challenges with this feature but since it's an extremely important one we'll try to overcome those obstacles and find a way to implement it.

Comment

• Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post

Hi.
              Dear Chaosgroup Administrators.
              I would like to know if it is possible to have a rough idea, whether or not blender 2.8 will have a user-product interaction, as in this video.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvvcPwdZaTo
              I consult because currently and since I started testing with vray for blender, some years ago. Notice from the beginning and I never improve that the vfb takes a long time to run, without mentioning that every time a new (f12), we have to return to this wait that can take minute/ s.
              Touching a node image (.tga 200mb) take a minute.
              I expect a yes or no answer. Simple..
              And we already know that the blender integration is complicated by the blender license and all this argument.
              But, it will be possible or not to have an interaction at this level.
              Thank you.
              I am a big fan of vray, really a very big one, but my patience is running out, I need to opt for an engine.
              Know how to excuse my English.
              Cheers!
              Last edited by PablonchoWorks; 20-06-2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• as I regret when Andrei took seriously the project......

Comment

• Will Light Mix be supported in V-Ray 5 for Blender? Either in 2.83 or 2.79?
                  https://www.chaosgroup.com/blog/reli...rks-in-v-ray-5

Originally posted by marcoz View Post
                  Andrei took seriously the project......
                  I agree. In fact, if you looked at only the product page, you might think Blender support no longer exists -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_067.png
Views:	859
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1076491

Comment

• I don't want to take this thread away from its main purpose, but just for completeness, I emailed Chaos Group Sales and asked them where I could download Blender for V-Ray. They told me they wouldn't help me because it is not a Chaos Group product and told me to google it!
                    "We may support you and provide you information only for V-Ray.

Please browse in internet for further information about Blender how to download it."
                    Come on Chaos Group, that's unhelpful. Maybe you would be selling more licences to Blender users if your sales team provided helpful, accurate information, and were at least able to confirm the product actually exists!

(Also, I just realised why I was unable to edit my own [oblomov] post above this one . . . )
                    Last edited by organic; 29-06-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• organic - that's odd. You may have caught someone at a bad time as I sent similar e-mail earlier this year and got a very nice response with links. I'll put them below if you still need them.
                      https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/main#/
                      https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...d+Installation

Daf

Comment

• I think I just got someone who didn't know what they were talking about. They marked my enquiry as resolved after telling me to install the standalone. I tried to explain Blender for V-Ray is a specific version of Blender compiled by Chaos Group, and I have a sequence of replies all saying pretty much the same thing.
                        You need to install the standalone
                        Blender is not Chaos Group
                        Go away and google it

Bad experiences like this make you question whether you want to deal with the company at all.
                        I got the links eventually. I told them to ask a developer to explain it for them, but thanks for sharing.

(I don't know yet whether I want to spend another €1000 for features I won't be able to use, since I only paid for the linux version )
                        Last edited by organic; 01-07-2020, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by organic View Post
                          I don't want to take this thread away from its main purpose, but just for completeness, I emailed Chaos Group Sales and asked them where I could download Blender for V-Ray. They told me they wouldn't help me because it is not a Chaos Group product and told me to google it!

Come on Chaos Group, that's unhelpful. Maybe you would be selling more licences to Blender users if your sales team provided helpful, accurate information, and were at least able to confirm the product actually exists!

(Also, I just realised why I was unable to edit my own [oblomov] post above this one . . . )
                          Originally posted by organic View Post
                          I think I just got someone who didn't know what they were talking about. They marked my enquiry as resolved after telling me to install the standalone. I tried to explain Blender for V-Ray is a specific version of Blender compiled by Chaos Group, and I have a sequence of replies all saying pretty much the same thing.
                          You need to install the standalone
                          Blender is not Chaos Group
                          Go away and google it

Bad experiences like this make you question whether you want to deal with the company at all.
                          I got the links eventually. I told them to ask a developer to explain it for them, but thanks for sharing.

(I don't know yet whether I want to spend another €1000 for features I won't be able to use, since I only paid for the linux version )

Thanks for the feedback - this will be discussed internally!!!
                          It's an absolute must for all customer-facing teams to know such information - please excuse us for the inconvenience.

From what I can see, the correct information is provided in the latest email from our side.
                          Let me know if you need further assistance on this matter.

Regarding the post-editing, is this only true for this post or you can't edit any post in the Forums?
                          Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 06-07-2020, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oblomov View Post
                            Will Light Mix be supported in V-Ray 5 for Blender? Either in 2.83 or 2.79?
                            https://www.chaosgroup.com/blog/reli...rks-in-v-ray-5

I agree. In fact, if you looked at only the product page, you might think Blender support no longer exists -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_067.png
Views:	859
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1076491

As mentioned before, the main goal is to first release V-Ray for Blender 2.8 without adding new features.
                            After that happened we will focus more on adding new functionalities.

V-Ray for Blender installation has been always available in the nightlies section of the website as it was mentioned on its product page:
                            https://www.chaosgroup.com/vray/blender

There was an option to download it from the Download section but it was removed since Andrey as well as the users prefer to use the latest nightly build version.
                            Maybe it will be better if we add a shortcut from Download to the Nighlies section in order to avoid this confusion.

Comment

• Hi svetlozar.draganov , do we have any news about the development or even a estimated time for beta release?
                              architect at oona

Comment

• Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post

Thanks for the feedback - this will be discussed internally!!!
                                It's an absolute must for all customer-facing teams to know such information - please excuse us for the inconvenience.
                                Unfortunately there's a lot more to it than this.

I still have two V-Ray 3 licences and the reseller contacted me to advise that V-Ray 3 was going end of life once V-Ray 5 is released.

I discovered if I want to upgrade from 3 to 5 I have to also pay for V-Ray Next. (In this context it seems excessive to charge a user for licences where there is no intention to ever use it.) Then I went to the download page, where there was no mention of support for Blender, and the sales team seemed to think it didn't exist.

The nightlies page has nothing after October 2019, and the forum has a thread that is nearly a year old with still no release date.

There is no existing V-Ray 5 support for Blender, for either 2.83 or 2.79, and if it is eventually released support will be downgraded to Windows only.

We have moved from frequent updates and bug fixes from Andrei, to no new versions, to Windows only when it is eventually released. It seems like Blender support has been removed from the shop window and left in the basement to die.

I appreciate the support we have had from Chaos Group, as V-Ray is a highly capable render engine, and I understand that Blender users are an insignificant part of Chaos Group revenues, but we also have businesses to run and we need reliable tools. I made it clear to the reseller I wanted to upgrade to V-Ray 5 for Blender, on linux, and they were happy to invoice me for software that hasn't been released and that I won't be able to install on linux when it is available.

I nearly paid hundreds of euro for software that doesn't exist and that can't be installed. I'm not just disappointed, I'm angry.

Comment

Working...
                                X