No announcement yet.

Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry, i didnt follow this topic... when is aprox. release month for 1.5???

Comment

• If you looked a few replies above
      a) We have no idea when it will be released
      b) We are betting on which things will come before 1.5 (HL2, Duke Nukem : Forever), etc...
      c) We are trying to get to 50 pages before 1.5 is released
      http://www.greyphoenix.biz/

Comment

• c) We are trying to get to 50 pages before 1.5 is released
        Let
        You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

• me
          You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

• help

Comment

• you

Comment

• lol @ Gijs...
                thats flooding

i bet is gonna be out maximum by APRIL...
                Maybe because, MAXWELL is coming out in JUNE, obviously P&V will not let that release to shadow 1.5 release... and basicly 2 motnhs before JUNE will be enough to patch some serious bugs which public will reveal, so by JUNE we all get to enjoy it

Comment

• I would be very supprized if Maxwell influences Vray with respect to 1.5 release. And I really doubt that one can plan a release date like Maxwell does now. You never know in advance what will cross your path.

Sometimes I get impatient about the final release of Vray as well, on the other hand, I am glad that Chaos keeps going untill things work really well.

Comment

• every renderer known to man has made release promises, and very few have delivered. Alot of them CONTINUE to make the mistake of making release promises. Ill be damn surprised if this maxwell renderer will be any different.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• I think It would be nice to hear some words from Vlado. It is hard to predict when a peace of software will be finished or when it will be almost bug-less, but an estimate release date (like "this year" or "next year") would be interesting (even if that involves some kind of pressure on Chaos guys... because I am afraid that kind of risks are part of the business and a responsible company eventually should face those commitments and that "pressure"...).

That is my opinion...

Regards

Comment

• the thing with software developement is that correcting a bug can pop up a new one, so... with something as complex as rendering
                        the only thing possible to say IMO is : the bugs list was that long, we narrowed it to *hopefully something smaller*, and this can still evolve

not sure it's very usefull

Comment

• Which one of you bet HL2 would be released before 1.5???

Those who said it, are less than a day away from being right...

Regards,

Hutzz

Comment

• and it´s great!!!

Comment

• im so jealous... not going to buy HL2 until I get my computer upgraded so i can play it on nice settings.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• well i guess HL2 won!!!! See you all at best buy

Comment

Working...
                                X