No announcement yet.

Announcing the V-Ray.exe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These things are'nt developed in 5 mins Gorgos !
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

• They wrote it, not me.

natty Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These things are'nt developed in 5 mins Gorgos !

It does not matter to me, if they announce that they are adding features the coming weeks and months, that is what you expect. I do not care what the reason is for not updating it and when mailing to them, you do not get any answer at all. It is hard to spend money on 40 render licences if you do not know if you will be able to get support, if updates are coming when they are supposed to. I would say it is better to explain why it has not been updated in the coming weeks from the 15th of july. I would say that Splutterfish is much better at those things. A little bit more professional. My question is when will there be a usable standalone with an exporter for Maya?

Comment

• Gorgos.. I think you have to be a bit patient.
        It was only just over a month ago that it was up for beta testing.

Quote Peter..
        This is a new project that is at this point pretty weak and small
        Natty

Comment

• Re: They wrote it, not me.

It does not matter to me, if they announce that they are adding features the coming weeks and months, that is what you expect. I do not care what the reason is for not updating it and when mailing to them, you do not get any answer at all. It is hard to spend money on 40 render licences if you do not know if you will be able to get support, if updates are coming when they are supposed to. I would say it is better to explain why it has not been updated in the coming weeks from the 15th of july. I would say that Splutterfish is much better at those things. A little bit more professional. My question is when will there be a usable standalone with an exporter for Maya?
          calm down.

im waiting for vray 1.5 since it was announced for may 2004.

vray for maya is still beta and you should not think you can buy it soon.

Comment

• Re: They wrote it, not me.

It is hard to spend money on 40 render licences if you do not know if you will be able to get support, if updates are coming when they are supposed to.
            40 render licenses eh? you're sure you're in the right forum?
            this is the vray forum. there are no render licenses.
            yeah, splutterfish usually don't talk about future updates at all. how better is this?
            Marc Lorenz
            ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
            www.marclorenz.com
            www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

• standalone

I guess a standalone means that it is on itself and I belive I am at the right forum. I can not be the only one who uses a renderfarm, or if I am, then I might be at the wrong forum. It is good to know though that they aren´t that reliable.
              I think Splutterfish live up to what they say, which is better from my point of view. They do not say that they will deliver something if the do not plan to do it.

Take care,

Comment

• I dont think you are listening to what people are saying !!!
                Natty

Comment

• I am listening, but I do not agree, thats all. If they say on the www.vrayrender.com/exe side that it will be updated during the coming weeks and months, but nothing have happened I belive it is not very professional. It is then better to announce that they miscalculated the time of development and therefore nothing will be up within the coming weeks. It is not a hard thing to do. It just to write it. They can write that they plan to have an update in year 2012 and its fine with. My point is that they should keep to their word. Everything else works like that. Imagine the executive producer calling you about that the film which is supposed to been finished, because you agreed upon it yourself and you set the date. I do not think you will be that long in the business if you just ignore the producer and stop answering the phone as if no one would notice that you screwed up.

Regards,

Comment

• You're only seeing what you want to read. You , yourself, just typed "updated during the coming weeks and months" what is the last word in that statement

--Jon

Comment

• It does not matter to me, if they announce that they are adding features the coming weeks and months, that is what you expect. I do not care what the reason is for not updating it and when mailing to them, you do not get any answer at all. It is hard to spend money on 40 render licences if you do not know if you will be able to get support, if updates are coming when they are supposed to. I would say it is better to explain why it has not been updated in the coming weeks from the 15th of july. I would say that Splutterfish is much better at those things. A little bit more professional. My question is when will there be a usable standalone with an exporter for Maya?
                      How do you know they didnt add features? Just becuase it hasnt been released to the public again, doesnt mean they are not working on it. You havent spent any money yet, the product so far is a very early beta, that is out probably only to create a buzz. nothing more. Your expectations are too great right now, and you seem to be impatient. Also, I dont know if you need 40 renderlicenses, Im not sure how it will work, but with the current version of vray you buy the app, you get 10 render license as part of it. So if the current license situation stays the same, then you only need 4. Why do you need an updated standalone right now? The features are not production ready yet.

The only part of your post that is a good post, is the question about a useable stanalone for maya. But i cannot answer that. Im not trying to be mean, I just trying to tell ya that you are getting worked up over something that you think was promised to you, but chaos has no obligation to give us this standalone yet. You should feel lucky that you are around, learning it as its being produced, you will be more prepared for the full version when its finished.

Comment

• I am confused

We present the new V-Ray project - the V-Ray.EXE. A new project that will evolve as a standalone application, not bound to any 3D package. It will have connections to Alias Maya™, discreet 3dsmax™ and probably more in the future.

We have just started with a very simple application - that shows only the basic V-Ray core speed. It is not yet The Standalone version of V-Ray. From this day on we will add more features on a daily basis and you maybe surprised to see how much it will evolve in the next weeks and months, until it reaches and surpasses the current V-Ray for 3dsmax™

Read for yourself. They will add features on a daily basis and you will be surprised how it evolves during the coming weeks and months. As far as I know it has not been updated since they released it the 15th of july. I am not very surprised on how much it had evolved. It seems that nothing has happened.
                        I really do not care what the reason is or why it is not updated. The thing is which many of you have difficulties in understanding is that they should do what the write. Otherwise they loose their credibility. And if they loose their credibility, then it is not going to be used by that many people.

This is a problem and I know that many facilities speak agree. Nobody is going to base a pipeline on renderer which might be updated when they announce it.
                        I think it is a good renderer and it is nice with a renderer that speed things up aswell as deliver nice images compared to Mental delay which is slow aswell as crashing all the time. And it costs a lot more.
                        I just want a straight answer. When are you planning on updating either the renderer or the website?

Comment

• We all wondered the same things about 1.5 being released. But I think people just need to develop a little patience. Programming is not an easy task, especially for a 3d rendering app.

An answer about release dates will be nice to have from chaos, but i dont think they are very good at determining when something will be done. To me thats ok, because the product is worth the wait. I understand your need to plan/budget for the future, but its almost the same as trying to plan for any software release. You know its comming, but you have no idea untill like 1 month before its finished. Atleast with Chaos you can use thier products before they are completed.

Comment

• P.S.
                            The thing is which many of you have difficulties in understanding is that they should do what the write. Otherwise they loose their credibility. And if they loose their credibility, then it is not going to be used by that many people.
                            They never promised you a re-release of the product, they only told you it will get more features very quickly. If they said, " we will release a new version every week" and didnt live up to it, then i can see the problem. But they never said this, plus its not even able to be used as a production renderer.

Comment

• Thats what gets me .... its not even in production, its only Alpha/beta and in a very infant stage.. you will not really be able to use in full blown production for some time. just take a deap breathe and be patient and stop barking on ... its getting boring now !
                              Natty

Comment

• They never promised you a re-release of the product, they only told you it will
                                Actually they did:
                                From this day on we will add more features on a daily basis and you maybe surprised to see how much it will evolve in the next weeks and months
                                It was written July 15th. Today is Sept 15. Two months passed and no even single word about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X