X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ooh siggraph is too close to make any announcements now. is more like it
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

• No time for announcements when working really hard!
      rpc212
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

• no problems, note really concerned about announcements, but this is definetly one of the mos fun threads here!

Cheers.

Comment

• Yep, just keeps going and going and going and going . . . (slowly fading voice into an unescapable chasm!)

I can't wait for 1.5!!! It is going to be awesome!!!
          rpc212
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

• Originally posted by rpc212
            I can't wait for 1.5!!! It is going to be awesome!!!
            only if it really comes in our lifetime ....
            Valentin

...forget Warp 9, engine-room please switch to Vray-speed...

Comment

• Yeah, whassup with 1.5? Any news? Spiderwebs have formed between my hand and mouse since 1.5 was announced hundreds of years ago.
              Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

• Am I the only one that realizes that what we have today is far beyond what was promised to us as being 1.5 way back when when it was announced circa march/april 2002?... what was promised as 1.5 was displacement, and distributed rendering, and that was about it. Today we have that, plus a WHOLE lot more. Just to list a few... dome lights, light cache, PPT, new sampling methods and sample filtering methods, VrayLight material, VrayProxy, VrayPlane, VrayHair, need I go on? 'cause there is more... The whole 1.5 (number that is) means nothing. I think the biggest issue that chaos has was telling people that they are not on 1.5 yet. They should be on 3.5 by now... Who cares about the number. For God sakes... you are getting amazing upgrades FOR FREE!!!

Ok... kidding aside... I can't wait for Vray 1.5... can you? Wait... I'm still kidding...

Comment

• Late breaking news just in!!!

Its not out yet.... so shaddap and wait

oh, and also what cpnichols said

Comment

• Hmmmm ... I do seem to sense a little bit of frustration here. Just throw it all out guys!

Of course I am extremely happy with version 1.47.34.51.xxx, but I do like to speak of 1.5. It feels so much more finished, completed, finally a real new chapter since VRay 1.0 years ago.

Besides, the 1.5 preview at VRay.info shows that the actual version 1.5 is still a number of levels more advanced than what we've got now, so I'd love to get my hands on the final 1.5 anyway. Can't wait to start using the dirt map for example.

Cheerio!

Metin

Comment

• I couldnt agree with you more Chris, well said...

-dave
                      Cheers,
                      -dave
                      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

• All I want for Christmas is a point release, a point release, a point release...

(sung to the tune of "All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth")
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

• Yeah man, we want 1.5! We've been fooling around with 1.xx.yy.zz long enough now! Don't tease us any longer and please give us that pflow motion blur, image-based lighting, improved rQMC sampling, improved photon mapping, sun and sky system, dirt shader, fast SSS and physical camera, so V-Ray is back in the race with Maxwell again!

[I guess what I just wrote is comparable with standing in the middle of a group of muscular Afro-Americans and yelling "NIGGERS!" Does anyone happen to know that scene from Kentucky Fried Movie?]

Comment

• Originally posted by Metin_7
                            Hmmmm ... I do seem to sense a little bit of frustration here. Just throw it all out guys!

Of course I am extremely happy with version 1.47.34.51.xxx, but I do like to speak of 1.5. It feels so much more finished, completed, finally a real new chapter since VRay 1.0 years ago.

Besides, the 1.5 preview at VRay.info shows that the actual version 1.5 is still a number of levels more advanced than what we've got now, so I'd love to get my hands on the final 1.5 anyway. Can't wait to start using the dirt map for example.

Cheerio!

Metin
                            haha... good point Metin... Vray version 1.47.xxx is WAY better then vray 1.5 ever was going to be.

Comment

• Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

• kentucky fried movie

i guess it's a pitty that maxwell is delayed, so chaos has less pressure to release 1.5.
                                on the other side, there are always surprising new features and hopefully more stability at the end.
                                but when is the end....

-oconv

Comment

Working...
                                X