No announcement yet.

Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heheh yep, and remember that you will have all the time to buy maxwell at the half of the final price
    All the time............
    =:-/
    Laurent

Comment

• Originally posted by leotchest
      if people want to know the meaning of frustration they should go no further than the Maxwell Forum & the total pandemonium surrounding RC1 & RC2 over the past 2 or 3 days. Holy smokes - i'm glad I havent had time to install Maxwell yet! Theres the best evidence imagineable that its far better for a new release to come out "later" rather than "sooner". Long live Vray.
      no comment... just about your avitar... dude is that Maurice Gibb?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aneurisma
        Please don't get me wrong, but with such an active comunity of users, if Chaos could keep a simple blog of what's going on (I might be wrong!) I guess everyone would be more relaxed... just an idea.
        I am sure it would be nice, but at the same time (as I am sure you know), this type od software is under extreem competition. I don't know if you took economics, but revealing features and progress would be bad for them. Sure it is frustrating for us that want to know more. But at the same time, we can be happy about what the competative nature has gotten us. Many many feaures, super powerful software, and low prices.

So with respect to competition... you take the good, you take the bad, and then you have the... (*** all US citizens who watched TV in the early 80s please fill in the rest, I am out of puns ***)

Comment

• Aha - someone commented Its not actually Maurice - its the other one (cant remember the name). The avatar is actually a combination of my face with Mr Gibb's magnificent hair-do (this was part of a very elaborate costume I once hired/made for a 70's fancy dress party)
          Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

• Originally posted by leotchest
            Aha - someone commented Its not actually Maurice - its the other one (cant remember the name). The avatar is actually a combination of my face with Mr Gibb's magnificent hair-do (this was part of a very elaborate costume I once hired/made for a 70's fancy dress party)
            It has to be maurice... Either that orRobin...

This photo shows Maurice, Robin, and Barry... looks like you used Maurice. as it is based on the same photo.

http://www.rstolley.com/Nostradamus&Cesar.jpg

Comment

• ok - the one on the left is Barry Gibb (my avitar) - for sure.
              (my humble apologies to the Vray forum)
              Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

• Originally posted by cpnichols
                I don't know if you took economics, but revealing features and progress would be bad for them.
                This is not about economics, but marketing. As if we weren't really talking about features and progress here, on this very forum, all the time!

Comment

• cpnichols:
                  He used Barry Gibbs.... this is Maurice.

and this is Barry... LOL

Comment

• SO which one is gonna be in Vray 1.5? Maurice or Barry?
                    sigpic
                    J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
                    http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
                    https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

• Comment

• I love it... 35 pages on this thread (so far)... many many tangents

Comment

• sorry, but it has to be Barry. BarryRay 1.5

Comment

• That very funny! Chris I can't believe you can spot a Bee Gee do. I am in awe.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpnichols
                              this type od software is under extreem competition. I don't know if you took economics, but revealing features and progress would be bad for them.
                              Hmm, then I'm afraid Chaos Group will soon go bankrupt, as they've already revealed all the 1.5 features:

http://www.vray.info/features/vray1.5_preview/

I just want that pflow motion blur, image-based lighting, improved rQMC sampling, improved photon mapping, sun and sky system, dirt shader, fast SSS and physical camera!
                              Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

• And Chaos guys, please call it V-Ray 2.0 in stead of 1.5. I really think the huge progress since 1.09 justifies the release version to be presented as 2.0.

Cheerio!

Metin
                                Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

Working...
                                X