No announcement yet.

Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe this forum is relaxed because vray doesn´t suffer from serious involution.

Before being for customers-only, some threads were really flaming, coming from warez fierce teenyspirited users, who on the other side, produced great artwork

And of course, we are regularly feeded with new point releases, which, in spite of not being named 1.5, get certainly close to it and overcomes the initial set of features which were planned for 1.5.

Would we be happier with 1.5 than with 1.47.30 with all new features, sun and sky, hdr mapped lights, etc. on it? Is 1.5 a mystical number or u really want that dongle up and running for vray to be your dream renderer?
    My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
    Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
    Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

• Ohhh . . . how I want the dongle and Vray 1.4x.xx! Oh please!

Actually, what I want, is render elements and the ability to save a Combustion workspace out of Vray. I hope that will be in the next point release and hopefully soon!
      rpc212
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

• I would say that is partially true, but if you go to other forums (cgarchitect and cgtalk) you don't see much bashing either. Well you do, from users of other products that have never used Vray. it is sort of amazing how Vray has quietly dominated the GI industry. People don't realize. I know it was a bit of a shock at Gnomon when they saw the DVD sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpc212
          Ohhh . . . how I want the dongle and Vray 1.4x.xx! Oh please!

Actually, what I want, is render elements and the ability to save a Combustion workspace out of Vray. I hope that will be in the next point release and hopefully soon!
          I am working on a tutorial (super simple) on how to do this. Will probably port it on the forum tonight. I am actually doing it for any generic compositing. No need to upgrade Vray. You can do it in the current version.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpnichols
            Originally posted by rpc212
            Ohhh . . . how I want the dongle and Vray 1.4x.xx! Oh please!

I am working on a tutorial (super simple) on how to do this. Will probably port it on the forum tonight. I am actually doing it for any generic compositing. No need to upgrade Vray. You can do it in the current version.
            Awesome, I am really looking forward to it... thanks Chris!

-Z
            Chris
            The Revitlution

Comment

• Ahh, man, Chris that is a God send! Thank you so much! I am so confused by the whole g-buffer/current render element situation.

I can't wait to look at your tutorial and try stuff out. I have been so frustrated with the current render elements and getting them into Combustion and be able to render those nice big scenes in parts and having the passes combine properly to get the finished image. Arrggg!

This will be great!
              rpc212

"DR or Die!"

Comment

• Chris thank you for doing this. I have really been interested in this. Actually I went to Borders today and saw a new mag HDRI something or other. the cover article was on Stealth and how DD used Nuke a lot for it.

Comment

• I love Nuke... I really miss it. IMHO, as far as node based compositing... there is little that beats it. Super fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by panthon
                    Maybe this forum is relaxed because vray doesn´t suffer from serious involution.

Before being for customers-only, some threads were really flaming, coming from warez fierce teenyspirited users, who on the other side, produced great artwork

And of course, we are regularly feeded with new point releases, which, in spite of not being named 1.5, get certainly close to it and overcomes the initial set of features which were planned for 1.5.

Would we be happier with 1.5 than with 1.47.30 with all new features, sun and sky, hdr mapped lights, etc. on it? Is 1.5 a mystical number or u really want that dongle up and running for vray to be your dream renderer?
                    BIG LOL

Chaos the best forum yeah yeah!!!!!!!!!
                    And the best all............................................... .........................
                    =:-/
                    Laurent

Comment

• 7 days to end of FALL
                      --Muzzy--

Comment

• 6 days till the shortest day, wooho!

Comment

• Box?

hi i haven't been around here for a long time. i'm not gonna ask when 1.5 will be out, but i will ask, is version 1.5 still gonna come in a box with a hardcopy manual and stuff like the original plan was or will it be just another download like the point releases have been?
                          www.blindleader.tk

Comment

• according to 3d world vray 1.5 is out already...hmmm...
                            http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

• Oh yeah! Haven't you gotten it yet? . . .

Just kidding! HAHAHAHA!

I guess they got a copy early!
                              rpc212

"DR or Die!"

Comment

• They're just trying to sound like they scooped this. It's common for magazines to do this. By the way, they probably wrote that a few months ago based on information that we already know. It takes a long time to compile an entire magazine.

Here, let me try: "This just in, XSI for windows 64 is just about to be released!"

Can you prove that it isn't true? If you asked Softimage they'd probably say, "Yeah, it's gonna come out real soon!" too. But really, know one knows for sure. I don't even think the developers can say they know. Bugs just happen.
                                Galen Beals
                                Animator/Technical Director
                                Portland, Oregon

Comment

Working...
                                X